What can we learn from Alberta’s carbon market?
Join us as Sarah Sellars, a PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, breaks down the lessons we can learn from Alberta’s carbon market. You’ll hear about:
- The reasons behind Alberta’s use of an agricultural carbon market;
- How farmers and landowners participated in the market; and
- How the results of their carbon market could impact market development in the U.S.
Want to learn more? Check out these resources:
- “Agricultural Carbon Markets: A Case Study of Alberta” by Sellars et al, 2022.
- “Climate-Change Policy for Agriculture Offsets in Alberta, Canada” by Goddard, 2021.
- “Carbon credit systems in Alberta agriculture” by Wyngaarden, 2022.
Rather read the transcript? Click the orange button above.
If you have more questions that need answers from experts, tell us! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org—we’ll match your questions to the expert.