What are the barriers keeping farmers out of carbon markets?
Join us as Lee Briese serves as our expert with the answers. Lee is an independent crop consultant and CCA from central North Dakota. He provides agronomic advice to farmers, helping them build customized systems to grow and manage crops profitably.
We’ll talk through:
- The considerations farmers are making that might keep them from carbon markets;
- The decision-making process for farmers; and
- How to find common ground when we talk about these programs.
Want to learn more? Check out these resources:
- “Ready or Not? Ag Carbon Markets and U.S. Farmers” by Farm Journal Trust in Food
- “Soil carbon sequestration as a climate strategy: what do farmers think?” by Holly Jean Buck & Alexis Palumbo-Compton
- “Carbon Science for Carbon Markets: Emerging Opportunities in Iowa” edited by Lisa Schulte Moore and Jim Jordahl.
Rather read the transcript? Click the orange button above.
If you have more questions that need answers from experts, tell us! Drop us a line at email@example.com—we’ll match your questions to the expert.